Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cocoa - Bird Watching


Two weeks ago I learned that my cat, Felicia, has cancer. The good news is, she is doing well so far. The tumor is not growing so far and she is fat and happy.

The really bad news is, last week my other cat Cocoa stopped eating and was acting lethargic. I took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with the FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) virus. We were told it is untreatable.

We force fed him with a syringe for 2 days, but could not get him to eat anything else otherwise. It was torture for him and for us. His skin turned yellow indicating his liver was not working anymore. After he spent an entire day just laying on my bed, we called a retired vet we know who and had Cocoa euthanized at our home. It feels so unfair to be loosing both of my cats. They are like family members to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment